This seminar is based on my book Managing and Leading People and Organizations.
Managing the strategy to achieve the strategic goals of the organization
- Eyes on the Prize
- Communicate the goals and how to get there
- Getting your people focused on the Goal
- Maintain the momentum
- the actual work to accomplish specific objectives
- concerns decision-making processes and their consequences
- provides the style and culture
- evaluates strategy performance,
- is a learning process
The manager asks how and when; the leader asks what and why.
The manager operates within the status quo; the leader challenges it.
The manager has his eye on the bottom line; the leader has his eye on the horizon.